As you read your chosen title, think about some of the following questions, and post your response:
1. What kind of tone is the writer trying to set in the book? Is there any variation in the mood of the story? Why does the writer do this?
2. What are some of the imageries that appear constantly throughout the book? What is their symbolic meaning, in the context of the story?
3. List some of the over-arching themes which the writer is trying to address. What is the writer’s point-of-view towards these themes?
4. What did you like/dislike most about the novel? (Characters, dialogue, setting, etc.) Discuss your choice in terms of style, tone, and development of the story.
5. If you were given a chance to edit/improve upon the book you’ve just read, what would you change?